19 Apr AQUAPORIN A/S ANNOUNCES ITS ANNUAL REPORT 2017
THE AQUAPORIN A/S ANNUAL REPORT 2017
Lyngby, Denmark, April 19, 2018 – Aquaporin A/S announced today its Annual Report for 2017. Below is a summary of business progress and financial performance for the year. The full report can be found on the company’s website, www.aquaporin.com.
Aquaporin has grown from a decade of technology development into a commercial water technology company. In 2017, Aquaporin reached significant milestones:
- Finalized mass-scale production setup and tap water reverse osmosis product maturation
- Launched Aquaporin Inside® forward osmosis hollow-fiber elements
- Commenced development of brackish water reverse osmosis membranes
- Took control of our value chain including aquaporin protein production
- Established market entry points in the global water markets
- Primed of customers globally for immediate market launch
The financial year 2017 was characterized by massive investment in establishing the basis for commercialization of our products in terms of optimizing production and further strengthen of the organization.
- Revenue for the year amounted to DKK 2.1 million and loss for the period amounted to DKK 62.2 million
- Total equity was DKK 181.5 million at 31 December 2017
- Cash flow from investment activities amounted to DKK 14.9 million related to finalization and optimization of the production facility in Denmark
The entry market for Aquaporin Inside® products is the Tap Water Reverse Osmosis (TWRO) membrane products targeted at the huge and fast-growing market for household water purifiers. These Aquaporin Inside® products are second to none.
In parallel, new markets are maturing and opening as commercial opportunities for new Aquaporin Inside® products. New collaboration and market opportunities are lined up.
The Aquaporin Group is entering a huge and growing water market filled with global opportunities.
Chief Financial Officer, Bo Karmark – website: www.aquaporin.com – phone: +45 27 10 20 50 – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquaporin A/S is a water technology company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with activities in Singapore and China. Our company is dedicated to revolutionizing water purification through the use of industrial biotechnological techniques and thinking. Our company is a global leader in developing, producing and marketing biomimetic membranes for industrial and consumer water applications based on nature’s own water filtration system – the highly selective and efficient aquaporin water channels, capable of separating and purifying water from all other compounds. The Aquaporin Inside® platform uses biotechnological principles in a technological context – an emerging field with immense commercial perspectives.