23 Jun Aquaporin A/S announces its Annual Report 2016
AQUAPORIN A/S ANNOUNCES ITS ANNUAL REPORT 2016
Aquaporin A/S announces its Annual Report for 2016. Below is a summary of business progress and financial highlights for the year. The full report can be found on the company’s website, www.aquaporin.dk.
- Aquaporin relocated to our new headquarter in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark. The headquarter combines offices, laboratories, membrane testing, showroom, large-scale production and storage facilities. The relocation grounds the basis for further expansion.
- Our Chinese-based joint venture Aquapoten Co. Ltd launched the first commercially available Aquaporin Inside™ Tap Water Reverse Osmosis elements for household water purifiers in the Chinese market.
- The net revenue amounted to 8.4 mDKK and the net loss on EBITDA is 33.5 mDKK
- Total equity is 202.8 mDKK at 31 December 2016. In 2016, a cash capital increase of DKK 60 million was made by the existing shareholders in the company
- Cash flow from investment activities for 2016 amounted to 69.0 mDKK and relates to establishment of the new headquarter and large-scale production.
2016 has been the year of transformation for the Aquaporin Group building a robust foundation for further expansion.
CEO, Peter Holme Jensen comments, “Water scarcity is a global problem and we are building a global company with the technology to purify water both for industrial water treatment and for drinking water. With the achievements obtained in 2016, Aquaporin is looking into a new exciting and important year in 2017.”.
Aquaporin is a water technology company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with activity in Singapore and China. Our company is dedicated to revolutionizing water purification through the use of industrial biotechnological technique and thinking.
Our company is a global leader in developing, producing and marketing biomimetic membranes for industrial and consumer water applications based on nature’s own water filtration system – the highly selective and efficient aquaporin water channels. The Aquaporin Inside™ platform uses biotechnological principles in a technological context which is a novel upcoming field with large commercial perspectives and is capable of separating and purifying water from all other compounds.